True Help Services, Inc. is seeking motivated and reliable Home Health Aide/Certified Nurse Aide to become part of our big family to provide services in the areas of: Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole County. Seeking a paraprofessional person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). The duties of a Home Health Aide include the provision of hands-on personal care, performance of simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services, assistance in ambulation or exercises, and assistance in administering medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
HHA’s and CNA’s Job Duties:
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunitiesto add value to job accomplishments.
• Reliable transportation
• Current CPR certification
• Must have Malpractice Liability Insurance
• Physical Exam – within one year and must state free of communicable diseases
• TB Results – within the last 6 months
In-Services required to be up to date:
- Infection Control
- Patient Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Home health aide or certified nursing assistance: 1 year.